- This event has passed.
FUN FRIDAYS – Summer Camp at UTRGV
An event every week that begins at 12:00 am on Friday, repeating until July 22, 2016
Social skills groups for children with autism will focus on increasing play skills with peers in a group setting with an average ratio of 2:5 supervision. Students should be able to request basic wants and needs.
Ages 6 – 18
June 10 – Superhero Fun Day
June 17 – Under the Sea
June 24 – Operation F.I.T KIDS
July 1 – Magical Adventure
July 15 – The Mighty Jungle
July 22 – Fiesta!
- Children must have functional communcation
- Follow simple directions in a group setting
- Exhibit minimal challenging behaviors
- Structured play with buddies
- Circle time focusing on social skills
- Games, Music, role play, crafts & technology
- Group activities with friends and peers
Instructors include Special Education teachers, Speech Therapists and Behavior therapy instructors under the supervision of a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA).
Space is limited!